Saturday, August 22, 2015

Twenty Bucks


The coals are just about perfect. I refer to it as the best 20 bucks I've spent in my life. Little charcoal grill I got at Walmart. Michelle and I were holding a Father's Day dinner a few months back (on Father's Day). I was gonna cook like meatloaf or some nonsense. Went to Walmart to pick up the ingredients. Decided to bob instead of weave. I bought stuff to bbq and then bought a grill.

I was assembling it as people were walking in. "What are you doing?" "I'm making a meal from scratch."

Real scratch, where you assemble your cooking vessel, too.

I've got some corn going on the grill now. Grew it on either my stoop or in the community garden. Threw some mesquite chips on there. Hit the corn with some adobo spice and olive oil cooking spray. Trying a couple of things, you know? I've got some burgers and dogs. Just having Michelle's parents and uncle over.

Learned how to get the coals just right. The corn came along ok. The tomatoes are a mixed bag. The beans I'm thinking I'm gonna let dry out and then cook them like beans. Every couple of days I have a fresh strawberry.

I may not be a gentleman, but I'm a farmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment