Saturday, July 4, 2015

Profanity Laced Vegetation

I want to tell you about some corn I've named, "Man, Fuck You!" I know I said my corn was named Wagmeez, but it was separated and planted both in the peace garden next door and on the stoop. So it started being individual. Having it's own life, separate from the other corn. It doesn't have a hive mind.

Man Fuck You was one of the six corn stalks that left the safety of the stoop and moved into the community garden. He did ok, til one day it was windy and rained. Of the six, I lost one. It was doing fine at first, but one day it got windy and rainy and he got tore up. I thought about trying to replant him, but other things came up and he red shirted his way into the show. That was it. About a week later, Man, Fuck You got tore up by the weather. I was ready to replant. Maybe move the broccoli over there. But then I noticed, there was still some green.

I realized then, this was Man, Fuck You. He spent all that time growing, just trying to be corn, you know? But nah. Wind gotta step in and knock his ass out. But he was like, Man, Fuck You. He's growing. He's not 'knee high by the fourth of july" but that's not his thing. I like this guy. I'm rooting for him. Pun intended, bitches!

No comments:

Post a Comment