Saturday, June 13, 2015

This Shit Just Got Real


OK. So Michelle has this friend from Derby who has a sister who runs Homestead Farms And I can't remember their names because that's how I am. It takes me a while.

Look, I've noticed recently that I will say "right" when I mean "left" but I am very particular that north is up and south is down. But it really is a thing. If I tell you to go left, you should probably go right. If I say 'upriver, it's damn sure north of your location. I'm like that with names. I don't catch them right away, and then once I get them I will never forget your face. I see what I did there.

Point is we got these tomato plants. Like a flat of them. Which is a gardening term. Somewhere around 24? I was just starting to learn metric and now people are throwing flats at me.

5.5 and a phillips. You have those drivers you can work on almost any Xerox machine.

Anyway, a lot of the tomatoes went in the plot in the peace garden. The rest we gave to the other folks who have plots in the peace garden.

"What is the peace garden?" you say. Well. next door is a bar called Stamps. And some woman decided she wanted to turn some of the land next to Stamps into a garden. And the owner of Stamps, Deb, who's name I remember, was like, "cool" and so there was a peace garden next door when we moved in. It's this close:
So it means I have a lot more to water. Some of the tomato plants I put on the stoop to grow in containers and I noticed there was more watering. But with this garden, there is so much more watering.

Oh, yeah, Michelle and I are relatively decent people who like to play a part in our community so we got a plot in the garden and have some stuff there. A lot of stuff. Stuff planted not in straight rows. When James Brown talked about raising crops like the Man, he did not mean exactly like, or in accordance with the wishes of the Man. He was saying the Man raised crops, we should too. He never said we gotta raise them crops the same way some jive turkey would. So my plants are not in rows, they do they thing.

To be clear, I understand that I am a straight white male who belongs to the Elks, lives in America, comes from a family with an history of government service and would use 'an' like that. I know, for all intents and purposes I am the Man. Agus fós bogann sé

No comments:

Post a Comment